Friday, July 24, 2009

Writer's Block

Okay, I really can't claim to be suffering from writer's block, which is an affliction of professional writers.

During the time since my last post, I have been suffering not from a lack of ideas for things to write about, but rather an over-abundance. And, there isn't a lot of time to indulge in this anyway.

Today, I followed the wikipedia page (linked to above) to these places (in the order of my exploration), which I found all to be fascinating. Now, I have to get to work.
  1. asemic writing
  2. lorem ipsum
  3. ETAOIN SHRDLU
  4. greeking
  5. metasyntactic variable
  6. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
  7. esoteric programming languages
So, with all this interesting stuff, where is the time to write?

I did a little digging through old computer files*, because, once upon a time, I created an esoteric programming language myself, for the amusement of my children. It was named "dust".

*If you do a "View Source" you'll see that the dust.htm web page was generated from Corel WordPerfect 8. I was tempted to clean it up and get rid of the extra vertical space, but decided to leave it just as it was generated from my original recounting of one evening's experience.

No comments: